A legionella audit is a review of an organisation’s legionella scheme of precautions, its routine monitoring and inspections and competence in order to determine whether the organisation is compliant with current legislation and guidance.
This can be well deployed between the organisation’s frequency of physical risk assessments to give the responsible person a clear view on where the organisation is with regards to compliance, competency issues and its monitoring regime and record keeping.
The process is very simple and offers minimum disruption. A consultant will visit your premises and audit the management system:
- Is the scheme of precautions and lines of communication are in place and working effectively
- Is there a suitable and sufficient risk assessment and have remedial actions been completed
- Training records/competency
- Status of remedial actions from the risk assessment
- Are monitoring records complete and up to date
- Contractor control
This can be done remotely but for best results it is better face to face